Mary Ann Morse Healthcare Center Update: One Year Ago
Mar 12, 2021 – As I write today, I am reminded of this time exactly one year ago. We were closing our doors to visitors and preparing to fight an insidious virus that would challenge us and the world in ways that we did not know or understand. What a long and challenging year it has been for all of us!
One year later, with cases lessening in Massachusetts, HOPE is in the air. Over this year, many strides have been made at Mary Ann Morse Healthcare Center, including:
- Currently having no COVID+ cases in the building for both residents and staff.
- Staying on top of the ever-changing regulations related to infection control, staff surveillance testing, staffing levels, bed density, family visitation, communal dining and small group activities, to name a few.
- Adapting and creating new processes and systems for our work.
- Using state-of-the art cleaning, disinfection, and air purification technology.
- Having a surplus and reserve of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Successful completion of many deficiency-free Department of Public Health (DPH) Infection Control Surveys.
- Participating in and near to completion with the National Nursing HOME COVID-19 Action Network. We are in a cohort with clinical and operational subject matter experts and other nursing homes on this 16-week program. It provided us with valuable just-in time information.
- The completion and successful rate of resident and staff vaccination from our three Vaccination Clinics.
We appreciate the confidence that you have placed in us and appreciate your support and partnership. As always, if there is anything that we can do to help, please give us a call: 508-433-4400.
Carol Kapolka, Executive Director
Mary Ann Morse Healthcare Center