Mary Ann Morse Home Care is seeking an Executive Director to be part of the dynamic leadership team at Mary Ann Morse Healthcare Corp., a non-profit, aging services organization that has been a trusted resource to the community for over 27 years. This is an exciting opportunity to grow and develop a new start-up certified Home Care agency and oversee and expand a still growing private duty Home Care. The Executive Director must be enthusiastic, energetic, innovative and hands-on and must be knowledgeable in certified Home Care rules, regulations and billing on the federal and state level.
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall leadership, direction, and clinical quality of the Mary Ann Morse private and certified Home Care divisions and is responsible for establishing standards of care to comply with federal and state regulations and guidelines. The Executive Director establishes, implements and evaluates goals and objectives for Home Care services that meet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to the total organization and philosophy. The successful candidate will be responsible for sharing the benefits of home care in the community and promoting the organization’s mission.
Essential Job Functions: Responsibilities and Standards
- Ensures organizational compliance with legal, regulatory, billing and accreditation requirements and the policies and procedures of the Company.
- Monitors business operations to ensure financial stability.
- Evaluating home care services and personnel using measurable outcomes and objectives.
- Responsible for conflict and complaint management and resolution.
- Keep agency personnel current with clinical information and practices.
- Maintain adequate and appropriate staffing. Engage in the recruitment process as needed in collaboration with Human Resources.
- Staff development including orientation, in-service, continuing education, competency testing and quality assessment performance improvement.
- Directing staff in performance of their duties including admission, discharge, transfer, recertification, and provision of service to patients.
- Provide coaching and counseling to staff and make appropriate recommendations for performance improvement.
- Ensuring that appropriate service policies and procedures are developed and implemented to accomplish identified outcomes.
- Monitoring service utilization to ensure delivery of comprehensive care.
- Ensuring standards of ethical business and clinical practice are maintained.
- Implement processes and procedures to ensure confidentiality and protection of patient Protected Health Information. Adhere to all applicable HIPAA regulations.
- Confirm that all payer sources are coded/assigned correctly for appropriate billing to take place and that all services are billed as provided. Educates staff regarding billing issues.
- Participates in the QAPI planning and processes, reporting and improvement action plans as indicated. This includes chart audits, patient satisfaction, financials, contracts, patient/family complaints, etc. and appropriate follow-up.
- Provides immediate follow-up on patient/family complaints.
- Organize information and data to identify/explain major trends, problems and causes; Compare and combine information to identify underlying issues. Generate actions to achieve long-range goals.
- Stay current of industry trends and regulatory requirements through activities such as participating in State Associations, attending courses and reviewing industry publications.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, or related healthcare field with current license/certification of discipline, as applicable.
- Minimum of 5 years leadership and supervisory experience within homecare or other post-acute healthcare organization.
- Experience with strategic planning and new program development.
- Experience with financial management and budgeting skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and Joint Commission regulations and requirements.
- Ability to apply highly proficient and specialized skills that allow employees to function in situations that are varied, complex, and/or non-routine.
- Advanced planning and project management skills, excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and task analysis skills.
- Possess a responsible, detail-oriented, results-driven work ethic.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
We protect our staff, our residents and our clients! We have sufficient PPE for all staff per CDC and DPH guidelines.