Mary Ann Morse Healthcare Center: Community Update
October 30, 2020 – We are pleased to announce that Mary Ann Morse Healthcare Center has remained COVID-free for 22 weeks now. This includes both residents and staff.
The National Nursing HOME COVID-19 Action Network
Mary Ann Morse is participating in the National Nursing HOME COVID-19 Action Network. We are in a cohort with clinical and operational subject matter experts and other nursing homes.
Purpose of the Network
- The Network is providing free training and mentorship to U.S. nursing homes to enhance evidence-based safety practices to protect residents and staff.
Goals of the Network:
- Prevent SARS-COV-2 from entering nursing homes where it has not been detected.
- Identify residents and staff who have been infected with SARS-COV-2.
- Prevent the spread of SARS-COV-2 between staff, residents, and visitors.
- Provide safe and appropriate care to residents with mild and asymptomatic cases of COVID-19.
- Ensure staff members have the knowledge, skills, and confidence to implement best-practice safety measures to protect residents and themselves.
- Reduce social isolation for residents, families, and staff during these difficult times.
We look forward to our participation, continued learning and collaboration.
The opportunity for visits with your loved one at Mary Ann Morse continues, but as I look out my window and see this early snow coming down, just want to put out another plug for the Virtual Visiting option. I know there is nothing like being here in person and understand many of you would come through to see your love one in any weather, but keep the virtual option in mind.
Annual Pumpkin Decorating Contest
The staff had some fun decorating pumpkins. Check out all the pumpkins on Mary Ann Morse Facebook page and like your favorite!
As always if there is anything that we can do to support you, our families, during this time, please give us a call: 508-433-4400.
Carol Kapolka, Executive Director
Mary Ann Morse Healthcare Center